Souk Spiced Aubergines with California Walnuts, Pomegranate and Tahini Yoghurt
Preparation time: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Nutrition: Per serving
302 Kcal Fat
Bringing together warming spices, the creamy nuttiness of California walnuts, and powerful flavour of tahini, this mouth-watering dish perfectly showcases the flavours of aubergine and pomegranate. Perfect for a side (serves 6-8) or veggie main (serves 4).
- 2 tsp lightly toasted cumin seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 aubergines, cut into wedges
- Olive oil spray
- A pinch of black pepper
- 6 tbsp soya yoghurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- A squeeze of lemon
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Seeds of half a pomegranate
- 60g California walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- Small bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix all the spices together and put to one side. Place the sliced aubergine on a baking tray and spritz with olive oil spray, then sprinkle over the spices. Season with pepper.
- Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes, turning over halfway, until tinged golden brown around the edges.
- Meanwhile. mix the yoghurt with the tahini adding a squeeze of lemon, then dilute with a splash of water to create a good drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle the aubergines with the tahini yoghurt and pomegranate molasses. Sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds, chopped walnuts and flat leaf parsley to serve.