Smoky Rosemary and Chilli California Walnuts
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Nutrition: Per serving
193 Kcal Fat
Smoky and spicy, these toasted California walnuts are perfect served with drinks, at dinner parties, or to pop in your desk drawer as a tasty snack.
While nuts and seeds contain some saturated fat, they contain far higher amounts of unsaturated fat as well as other heart healthy nutrients. More details can be found here.
- 200g California walnuts
- 30g pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Tamari soy sauce
- 1 sprig of rosemary, finely chopped
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/170°C Fan.
- Line a flat baking tray with parchment, place the walnuts and pumpkin seeds on the tray, and roast in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Whisk together the maple syrup, paprika, soy sauce, rosemary and chilli flakes in a small bowl and drizzle over the nuts and seeds, tossing to coat.
- Place back in the oven and roast for 5-6 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
- Once cool, place in an airtight jar to store.