Red Chilli & Bean Soup
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Nutrition: Per serving
222 Kcal Fat
Low-fat, vegan and heart-healthy, this filling one-pot lunch or dinner is packed with vegetables and beans and with a slight chilli kick.
- 1 red pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 celery stick
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp chilli powder or to taste
- 400g can tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 700ml vegetable stock made from 2 reduced salt stock cubes
- 1 can mixed beans , drained and rinsed
- 25g kale leaves, shredded
1. De-seed the pepper. Chop the pepper, celery and carrot and the onion and crush the garlic.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the chopped vegetables, saute for about 5 minutes, taking care not to colour the vegetables.
3. Add the chilli powder and cook for a further minute.
4. Puree the tomatoes with a hand-held blender and add to the pan together with the tomato puree and the vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Drain and rinse the mixed beans and stir into the soup along with the shredded kale leaves. Cook for a few minutes until the beans have warmed through and the kale is wilted. Season with pepper and serve.