Pumpkin and Ginger Muffins
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Nutrition: Per serving
232 Kcal Fat
Sprinkled with pumpkin seeds on top and made with oil rather than butter these muffins are a great healthier alternative to all those sickly cupcakes.
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 150 self-raising flour
- 160g wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 100ml low fat natural yoghurt
- 275ml skimmed milk
- 250g cooked pumpkin puree
- 25g pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 200c/180c fan/Gas Mark 6 and line a muffin tray with pieces of baking parchment or muffin cases.
- Sieve the flours, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl and stir in the salt and ginger.
- In another bowl mix the eggs, yoghurt, milk, honey and oil until well combined. Pour this into the flour mixture and fold in until well combined.
- Stir in the cooked pumpkin puree and spoon the mixture into the cases.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds on top and bake in the oven for 18-25 minutes or until well-risen and cooked through so a skewer comes out clean once inserted into the centre of the muffin.
Get all the latest news and recipes, sign up for our e-newsletter