Plaice goujons with a California Walnut Crust
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Nutrition: Per serving
323 Kcal Fat
Fish fingers like you’ve never seen them before… With a crunchy walnut and panko crumb and a hint of Dijon, these goujons will go down a treat. Serve on a platter to share with lemon wedges.
- 90g California walnuts, toasted
- Small bunch of parsley
- Finely-grated zest of 1 lemon
- 40g panko bread crumbs
- A pinch black pepper
- 4 level tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp water
- 300g plaice, skinned and cut into fingers
- Rapeseed oil spray
- Baby spinach leaves and lemon wedges to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the walnuts, parsley and lemon zest into a food processor and blitz to a fine crumb. Mix with the panko bread crumbs and pepper, and place on a dinner plate.
- Mix together the mayonnaise and Dijon, then loosen with the water to form a good dipping consistency.
- Dip the plaice fingers into the mayonnaise mix and then roll in the breadcrumb mixture to coat.
- Place on a flat baking tray lined with parchment which has been spritzed with 4-5 sprays of rapeseed oil. Drizzle the goujons with a little oil and place in the oven for 15- 20 minutes (or until cooked through and crispy golden on the outside).
- Serve on a bed of baby spinach with lemon wedges to the side.