Peanut Butter Cookies
Preparation time: 12 minutes
Cooking time: 18 minutes
Nutrition: Per serving
106 Kcals Fat
Peanut butter (provided it does not contain added salt) is full of plant protein and good for the heart. Why not try cooking these instead of a traditional bake? Kids and adults alike will love them and come back for more.
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 50g vegetable spread (not low fat)
- 120g soft brown sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g peanut butter (crunchy or smooth), no added salt or sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 small apple, cooked and mashed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 200g white flour, sifted
- 150g wholemeal flour, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Lightly grease the baking tray with vegetable oil.
- Beat the spread and the sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add peanut butter, egg, mashed apple puree and baking soda. Mix together.
- Add vanilla essence and flour and mix into a dough
- Flour your hands and divide the dough into 30 equally sized balls.
- Place each ball on the baking tray and flatten each ball with a wet fork in a cross-hatch pattern.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes in the oven until light brown.
Get all the latest news and recipes, sign up for our e-newsletter