Oat and Apple Muffins
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 18 minutes
Nutrition: Per serving
205 Kcal Fat
Everyone likes muffins – because it uses modest amounts of sunflower spread, this recipe is not loaded with saturated fat
- 125g plain flour
- 125g wholemeal flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 50g oat bran
- 50g light brown muscovado sugar
- 3 small dessert apples, peeled, cored and finely diced
- 50g sultanas
- 50g sunflower spread
- 150ml skimmed or semi-skimmed milk
- 1 large egg
- 5 tbsp clear honey
- extra oat bran for dusting
- 2 tbsp plain low fat yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Mix the flours, baking powder, oat bran and sugar together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat together the spread, yoghurt, milk, egg and honey.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Fold in the fruit.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and sprinkle with oat bran.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 18-20 minutes until firm to the touch.
Get all the latest news and recipes, sign up for our e-newsletter