Noodle Broth For One
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Nutrition: Per serving
401 Kcal Fat
This soup is so speedy, and using tofu gives a healthy dose of plant protein. Make a quick meal of it with crusty bread. Use reduced salt chicken stock and soy sauce to keep the salt as low as possible.
- 200ml chicken stock made from 1/2 cube of reduced salt stock cube
- 2cm/1 inch root ginger, grated
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped, seeds removed
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 50g tofu diced
- ½ pak choi, chopped or shredded
- 50g rice noodles
- To garnish, 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander & lime wedge
- Bring the chicken stock to simmer in a saucepan and then add the ginger, spring onion, pak choi, sesame oil and soy sauce.
- After 5 minutes add the tofu, noodles and chilli and stir. Take off the heat and leave for 5 minutes to allow to cook through.
- Serve with the fresh coriander and lime wedge on top.