Mutter Paneer with a Twist
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Nutrition: Per serving
207 Kcal Fat
Using tofu instead of paneer cheese provides a heart-healthy twist to this classic Indian dish and also makes it dairy-free and vegan-friendly too!
- 300g (10oz) firm tofu
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- ½ tsp chopped ginger
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 200ml tomatoes, liquidised
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 100ml water
- 450g frozen peas
- Cut the tofu into 2cm cubes and keep aside.
- In a wok, add the oil, cumin seeds and onion. Cook until onions soft.
- Add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and turmeric and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tofu pieces and water. Bring to the boil then add the peas. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve warm with wholemeal pitta bread and green salad.
Get all the latest news and recipes, sign up for our e-newsletter