Mackerel with Red Pepper Quinoa Salad
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Nutrition: Per serving
481 Kcal Fat
Serve this flavoursome, extra-nutritious quinoa & vegetable salad alongside tasty mackerel packed with omega-3 for a quick and easy heart-healthy supper or light lunch.
- 4 fresh mackerel fillets
- 200g quinoa
- 1.5 litres of good quality low-salt vegetable stock
- 80g rocket
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red chilli
- 170g sugar snap peas or mangetout
- 250g red pepper, roasted (and rinsed if from a jar)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion
- To serve, young salad leaves
- For the quinoa salad, put the quinoa into a saucepan with 400ml of the vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and then let simmer for 10 minutes before removing from the heat. Allow the quinoa to absorb any remaining stock.
- Meanwhile, add the rocket, garlic, chilli and 100ml of the vegetable stock to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Bring the remaining stock to the boil, add the sugar snap peas/mangetout and boil for 3-5 minutes.
- For the mackerel, heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the mackerel and fry for 2 minutes on each side and then remove from the pan.
- Once the peas/mange tout are cooked, add them to the quinoa, diced red onion, rocket mixture and roasted red peppers. Mix well and serve with the mackerel. Scatter over the young salad leaves if using