Prawn skewers with flatbreads
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Nutrition: Per serving
241 Kcal Fat
A light and refreshing Indian-inspired dish, with prawns, raita, salad and flat breads. Perfect for a BBQ, or simply cook on the grill.
1 tbsp garam masala
¼ tsp ground turmeric
150g low-fat natural yogurt
200g raw peeled king prawns
2-3 inch piece cucumber, seeds removed
10g fresh mint (a handful) roughly chopped or 1 tbsp from a jar of mint sauce
25g baby leaf salad
2 chapattis or wraps, cooked without fat
- If using wooden skewers pre-soak these to stop them burning.
- Mix together the garam marsala, turmeric and half the yogurt. Add the prawns and mix to coat them with the yogurt mixture. Thread onto 6 skewers. Set aside.
- Grate the cucumber, squeezing out any excess liquid. Mix with the remaining yogurt, chopped mint and a squeeze of lime juice, to taste. Place in a serving bowl.
- Grill or barbeque the skewers for 3 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Pile the salad leaves onto the flat breads and top with the skewers. Serve with the mint and cucumber yogurt and lime wedges.
Get all the latest news and recipes, sign up for our e-newsletter