Prawn skewers with flatbreads
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Nutrition: Per serving
241 Kcal Fat
A light and refreshing Indian-inspired dish, with prawns, raita, salad and flat breads. Perfect for a BBQ, or simply cook on the grill.
1 tbsp garam masala
¼ tsp ground turmeric
150g low-fat natural yogurt
200g raw peeled king prawns
2-3 inch piece cucumber, seeds removed
10g fresh mint (a handful) roughly chopped or 1 tbsp from a jar of mint sauce
25g baby leaf salad
2 chapattis or wraps, cooked without fat
- If using wooden skewers pre-soak these to stop them burning.
- Mix together the garam marsala, turmeric and half the yogurt. Add the prawns and mix to coat them with the yogurt mixture. Thread onto 6 skewers. Set aside.
- Grate the cucumber, squeezing out any excess liquid. Mix with the remaining yogurt, chopped mint and a squeeze of lime juice, to taste. Place in a serving bowl.
- Grill or barbeque the skewers for 3 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Pile the salad leaves onto the flat breads and top with the skewers. Serve with the mint and cucumber yogurt and lime wedges.