Blueberry Vanilla Cake
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Nutrition: Per serving
341 Kcal Fat
A fruity citrus tea-time treat that’s low in saturated fats and dairy free.
250g self-raising flour
150g caster sugar
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
220ml of Alpro Soya Original alternative to milk
120ml of rapeseed oil
1 tsp vanilla extract or essence
Grated zest and juice of one lemon
3 tbsp of flaked almonds
- Preheat your oven to 160oC fan, 180°C conventional, gas 4.
- Line a 20cm round cake tin with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the self-raising flour, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Add the Alpro Soya Original, oil, the zest and juice of one lemon, and vanilla essence. Mix together until combined. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the mixture into your tin, sprinkle over the flaked almonds and bake for 30-35 minutes. Test by inserting a skewer in the centre, it should come out clean when the cake is ready.
- Let the cake cool in the tin for 10-15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Great served with coffee at any time, or as a dessert with fresh fruit and a spoonful of Alpro alternative to yogurt.