Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Nutrition: Per serving
345 Kcal Fat
A great and tasty way to use up ripe bananas. A tea time treat that's low in saturated fat and high in unsaturated fat.
3-4 ripe bananas (approx. 425g flesh only)
1 tsp baking powder
300g self-raising flour
75g soft dark brown sugar
75g walnuts, roughly chopped
8 soft ready to eat dates, destoned & quartered
50g Alpro Plain No Sugars alternative to yogurt
100ml of vegetable oil
2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven 170C fan, 180C conventional, gas 4.
- Grease or line a 1kg (2lb) loaf tin.
- Place all the ingredients except the walnuts, dates, and Alpro Plain No Sugars, in a food processor or a large bowl and blend with the processor or hand-held blender, until smooth.
- Stir in the Alpro Plain No Sugars, most of the walnuts and dates then spoon into the prepared loaf tin. Level off the surface.
- Sprinkle the remaining pieces of date and walnut over the surface of the loaf.
- Cook in the oven, middle shelf for 1 hour or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack before placing in an airtight container. Ideally eaten within 4 days.