Herb and Garlic Baked Chicken
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Nutrition: Per serving
186 Kcal Fat
The combination of herbs and garlic mean you don’t need to add salt for flavourful, perfectly cooked chicken.
4 skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of all fat
A handful of chopped herbs such as tarragon, sage, parsley
3 garlic cloves crushed
Oil and water spray
600-650g stir fried vegetables (choose from onions, peppers, mushrooms, shredded cabbage, lightly boiled vegetable batons, canned kidney beans)
- Combine the garlic and herbs together.
- Make 3-4 shallow cuts in the chicken breasts. Stuff with the garlic and herb mixture.
- Spray a baking tray with the oil and water spray. Add the chicken and spray again.
- Lightly cover with foil to stop it burning or drying out in the oven.
- Cook for 30 minutes at 200C/400F/Gas 6 or until the juices run clear when a skewer is poked into the chicken.
- Lightly coat a frying pan with oil and water spray. Heat the pan, add the vegetables and cook for a few minutes until tender.
- Serve with the chicken.