Baked Peppers with Rice, Chicken & California Walnuts
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Nutrition: Per serving
332 Kcal Fat
From the sweet flavours of the roasted red pepper contrasted with tender pieces of shredded chicken and mushrooms, this recipe is perfect for a weekend lunch or a quick mid-week dinner.
You can also use the rice stuffing in other vegetables, such as a large onion or aubergine.
1 tbsp olive oil
150g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
250g pouch sun dried tomato basmati rice
50g California Walnut pieces, roughly chopped
200g roast chicken, shredded
½ x 25g pack parsley, chopped
4 red peppers
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rice, California Walnuts and chicken and fry for 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- Season to taste and stir in the parsley and 2-3 tbsp water.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and remove seeds.
- Trim the bases if needed so they stand upright and place them in a small roasting tin with 3 tbsp water in the base.
- Spoon rice mixture into the pepper shells and bake for 30 minutes or until the peppers are just softened.
- Serve with a fresh leafy salad.