"I know the legacy I have pledged to give will be spent wisely and help save lives keeping families together for generations to come". Read Yvonne's story here
The gift of life is in your hands
Leaving a legacy gift in your Will is one of the most powerful ways you can help us to continue to save lives from high cholesterol and other blood fat (lipid) conditions.
HEART UK receives no government funding and we rely on the generosity of you, our kind supporters for most of our income. Every legacy we receive, no matter the size, is incredibly valuable. By including HEART UK in your Will, you can help us to continue our work long into the future – keeping families together longer.
To leave a legacy you must have a Will. Making a Will is your opportunity to take care of everything that is important to you and to ensure your wishes are carried out after you die. We understand that your loved ones come first. But we also know that our life-saving work wouldn't be possible without gifts in wills and the generous support of of people like you.
Our simple leaflet about Wills and legacies is available by emailing Charlotte on email@example.com or give her a call for a friendly chat on 01628 777046. If you don’t have a Will, our partners Legacy Alliance a referral service for Welcare Guardian, (the UK's largest distributor of home-visit solicitor-provided Wills) can help with this.
What your legacy could achieve
There are many ways your support will make a difference. It can help us:
- Double the number of children and adults with FH diagnosed within the next five years, increasing from the number of those diagnosed from 25,000 to 50,000
- Deliver a comprehensive patient outreach programme which includes specialist literature distributed free of charge to thousands of patients and GP surgeries every year
- Run our Cholesterol Helpline (which costs us over £45,000 a year) well into the future, providing medical and lifestyle advice to thousands of people every year
- Campaign to identify more children with FH and implement a national screening programme where in future all babies are tested for FH
- Train doctors and nurses to identify people with FH and offer the best possible treatment
- Campaign to keep FH a major priority on the NHS’s long-term health agenda
- Bring together world-leading healthcare professionals in the field of cholesterol and other blood fat (lipid) conditions at our annual scientific conference
HEART UK are members of 'Remember a Charity'– a consortium of over 200 UK charities all working together to encourage more people to remember a charity in their Will.
*HEART UK cannot accept any liability for services provided by third party suppliers including Welcare Guardian.