We are recruiting a voluntary chair position to join our Board of Trustees
We are looking to recruit a voluntary chair position to join our Board of Trustees, this is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the work of HEART UK. We are looking for someone with experience of chairing meetings and organisations from any age or background.
Over 250,000 people in the UK have inherited high cholesterol or other inherited blood fat conditions, most are living without the knowledge they could have an early heart attack or stroke. Only around 25,000 are identified, including children. We aim to double this to 50,000 by 2023. Join our Board of Trustees, who govern and lead the charity, and help us achieve this.
We are a growing national charity providing expert support, education and influence to people with high cholesterol, their families and health care professionals.
After three successful years, the Chair of Trustees will soon step down. We are looking for a high-calibre individual to build on his achievements, lead the Board and work with the Chief Executive to drive the organisation forward into the next phase of the strategy, whilst ensuring the charity fulfils its objectives and continues to ensure strong governance.
Is an unpaid voluntary role – out of pocket reasonable expenses will be covered
You must be able to commit to around 6 days per year for Board meetings (4 per year, 3 in London and 1 at our Annual Conference location) and usually 1 strategic planning day.
You must be able to commit to around half a day per week to do the role, including working with the Chief Executive.
We welcome applications from all ages and backgrounds. We are looking for someone with experience of chairing meetings and organisations, this could mean you are experienced at Chairing a Board whether it is a charity or an organisation, or a step up from a charity Trustee or director position and the next step is Chair. At interview please share your vision of where you want to take the charity.
For a full role description, please contact Rachel Elewe on email@example.com.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to Rachel Elewe on firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal chat please call Jules Payne, our Chief Executive on 07920 804905.
Deadline: 7 October 2019
- NHS approves ground-breaking cholesterol-lowering medicine
- New child screening service to identify youngsters at risk of early heart disease
- HEART UK partners with Loch Duart
- Jules Payne, CEO, talks about how HEART UK will shape the future for people with high cholesterol
- Wishing you a Heart-healthy Ramadan!
- Having FH should not stop you joining the armed forces- thanks to the work of HEART UK
- How to have a heart healthy Veganuary and enter a free prize draw
- FH is a global health problem- FH Awareness Day 24th September
- HEART UK and Anytime Fitness produce exercise workouts for National Cholesterol Month
- Dr Pete Green is the new Chair of HEART UK