We are recruiting a voluntary chair position to join our Board of Trustees
We are looking to recruit a voluntary chair position to join our Board of Trustees, this is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the work of HEART UK. We are looking for someone with experience of chairing meetings and organisations from any age or background.
Over 250,000 people in the UK have inherited high cholesterol or other inherited blood fat conditions, most are living without the knowledge they could have an early heart attack or stroke. Only around 25,000 are identified, including children. We aim to double this to 50,000 by 2023. Join our Board of Trustees, who govern and lead the charity, and help us achieve this.
We are a growing national charity providing expert support, education and influence to people with high cholesterol, their families and health care professionals.
After three successful years, the Chair of Trustees will soon step down. We are looking for a high-calibre individual to build on his achievements, lead the Board and work with the Chief Executive to drive the organisation forward into the next phase of the strategy, whilst ensuring the charity fulfils its objectives and continues to ensure strong governance.
Is an unpaid voluntary role – out of pocket reasonable expenses will be covered
You must be able to commit to around 6 days per year for Board meetings (4 per year, 3 in London and 1 at our Annual Conference location) and usually 1 strategic planning day.
You must be able to commit to around half a day per week to do the role, including working with the Chief Executive.
We welcome applications from all ages and backgrounds. We are looking for someone with experience of chairing meetings and organisations, this could mean you are experienced at Chairing a Board whether it is a charity or an organisation, or a step up from a charity Trustee or director position and the next step is Chair. At interview please share your vision of where you want to take the charity.
For a full role description, please contact Rachel Elewe on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to Rachel Elewe on email@example.com
For an informal chat please call Jules Payne, our Chief Executive on 07920 804905.
Deadline: 7 October 2019
- FH is a global health problem- FH Awareness Day 24th September
- Dr Pete Green is the new Chair of HEART UK
- UK NATIONAL SCREENING COMMITTEE REJECTS CALLS FOR UNIVERSAL CHILDHOOD SCREENING FOR INHERITIED HIGH CHOLESTEROL
- Emergency heart attack and stroke centres are still here for you- Jules Payne interviews Dr Ricardo Petraco
- Emergency heart attack and stroke centres are still here for you- Guest blog by Dr Ricardo Petraco
- A new cholesterol busting drug hits the headlines
- HEART UK responds to Dept of Health announcement on new cholesterol drug
- Volunteer for HEART UK...
- Is there such a thing as Healthy Diwali?
- National Cholesterol Month
- Child screening for cholesterol to find FH
- HEART UK latest radio advert
- Gene associated with bad cholesterol linked to early-onset Alzheimer’s disease
- What the London Marathon means to me
- Get cooking with the kids over Easter…
- Eggs and Cardiovascular Disease – What’s the Story?
- Lynne Garton joins HEART UK fight against heart disease and high cholesterol
- Daily Mail exposes "crackpot conspiracy theories" of the statin deniers
- Why we do what we do
- Is it as simple as ABC?
- Medical Misinformation: Vet the Message!
- We are recruiting!
- High cholesterol: Six ‘super foods’ to lower cholesterol and reduce heart attack risk- HEART UK featured in The Express
- Eating fried food and the link to heart disease- BMJ study
- One serving of fried chicken a day linked to 13% higher risk of death, reports CNN
- The NHS Long Term Plan
- Heart attack - the BEST exercise to prevent deadly symptoms revealed. HEART UK in The Express
- Four foods to help lower your cholesterol, reduce heart disease risks- HEART UK in The Sun
- Specialised Services Commissioning Policies published
- Cholesterol warning - just a handful of this ‘superfood’ could prevent high cholesterol - HEART UK in the Daily Express
- Thousands of heart attacks and deaths could be prevented by patients taking higher doses of statins
- Photos from the FCS Day of Action
- FCS Day of Action 5th December 2018
- Photographs from the Parliamentary launch of HEART UK's State of the Nation report 24th Oct 2018
- State of the Nation report launch
- HEART UK Conference
- HEART UK says BBC coconut oil claim not to be trusted
- Set up a Patient Support Group Meeting in your local community
- Saving Scottish Hearts for Valentine’s Day
- Why it's your heart that matters this Valentine's Day