Thousands of heart attacks and deaths could be prevented by patients taking higher doses of statins
Thousands of heart attacks and deaths from cardiovascular disease could be prevented by patients taking higher doses of statins and taking the drugs as advised by doctors.
The findings come from a study led by researchers at Imperial College London and University of Leicester, which estimates that 12,000 cardiovascular events – such as a heart attack or stroke – among high risk patients in the UK could be averted by placing patients on high intensity cholesterol-lowering drugs and ensuring patients stick to the correct treatment regimen
- Child screening for cholesterol to find FH
- We are recruiting a voluntary chair position to join our Board of Trustees
- HEART UK latest radio advert
- Gene associated with bad cholesterol linked to early-onset Alzheimer’s disease
- What the London Marathon means to me
- Get cooking with the kids over Easter…
- Eggs and Cardiovascular Disease – What’s the Story?
- Lynne Garton joins HEART UK fight against heart disease and high cholesterol
- Daily Mail exposes "crackpot conspiracy theories" of the statin deniers
- Why we do what we do
- Is it as simple as ABC?
- Medical Misinformation: Vet the Message!
- We are recruiting!
- High cholesterol: Six ‘super foods’ to lower cholesterol and reduce heart attack risk- HEART UK featured in The Express
- Eating fried food and the link to heart disease- BMJ study
- One serving of fried chicken a day linked to 13% higher risk of death, reports CNN
- The NHS Long Term Plan
- Heart attack - the BEST exercise to prevent deadly symptoms revealed. HEART UK in The Express
- Four foods to help lower your cholesterol, reduce heart disease risks- HEART UK in The Sun
- Specialised Services Commissioning Policies published
- Cholesterol warning - just a handful of this ‘superfood’ could prevent high cholesterol - HEART UK in the Daily Express
- Photos from the FCS Day of Action
- FCS Day of Action 5th December 2018
- Photographs from the Parliamentary launch of HEART UK's State of the Nation report 24th Oct 2018
- State of the Nation report launch
- HEART UK Conference
- HEART UK says BBC coconut oil claim not to be trusted
- Set up a Patient Support Group Meeting in your local community
- Saving Scottish Hearts for Valentine’s Day
- Why it's your heart that matters this Valentine's Day