The national Child Parent Screening Service (CPSS) pilot has been extended until October 2024
Want to be part of an exciting project taking place across England and supported by NHS England and Health Innovation Networks? The national Child Parent Screening Service (CPSS) pilot has been extended until October 2024. Having already screened almost 1,000 children, the programme is accepting expressions of interest for GP practices who would like to join the pilot until 31st March 2024.
The CPSS aims to identify families with Familial Hypercholesterolaemia (FH), supporting the NHS Long Term Plan ambition to reduce the incidence of cardiovascular disease and identify 25% of people with FH. As part of the programme, GP practices will be supported to implement a clinical pathway which will identify children with FH through a simple heel prick blood test, taken at the child’s routine one year immunisation appointment.
Please note that all participating practices will receive free training and support and a £10 incentive payment for each child screened.
- Saving the PASS system for the sake of England’s FH Services, for current and future generations
- Alternative cascade-testing protocols for identifying and managing patients with familial hypercholesterolaemia: systematic reviews, qualitative study and cost-effectiveness analysis
- how the NHS is working to deliver improved lipid management
- HEART UK 36th Annual Medical and Scientific Conference 2023 LIPIDS – THE BEST YET - CONFERENCE REVIEW
- Our new Lipidology Podcast
- Recently formed Lipoprotein(a) Taskforce publishes Call to Action to increase recognition and acceptance of Lp(a) as an ASCVD risk factor
- Lipoprotein (a) disorder gets SNOMED codes
- Would you like to update your knowledge of lipid management and have the opportunity to liaise with others working in this area?
- Familial Hypercholesterolaemia Gene Testing One-Day Online Workshop - Dates for 2023
- New SNOMED Codes for FH DNA test results!