Evaluation of national lipid optimisation programme – Appeal for engagement
Sharing on behalf of Unity Insights
1) Who are we?
Unity Insights was originally born as the analytics and evaluation function at Kent Surrey Sussex. Academic Health Science Network (KSS AHSN). In October 2021, we were spun out into a separate organisation which allows us to have a wider focus beyond KSS. Nonetheless, as a sister company, we maintain strong links with KSS AHSN and with the wider AHSN Network.
2) What are we doing?
Unity Insights has been commissioned by AHSN NENC on behalf of the AHSN Network to undertake an independent evaluation of the Lipids and familial hypercholesterolaemia (FH) national spread programme. We have been undertaking interviews with a wide range of stakeholders across AHSNs, project leads, clinical leads and other key stakeholders, and this will be supplemented by quantitative analysis of key datasets to understand what impact can be seen and why. The evaluation began in August 2023, and the final report will be submitted to AHSN NENC before the end of December 2023.
3) What is the purpose of contacting you?
We feel that hearing voices of people with lived experience will enrich and strengthen the evaluation findings, and that key points may not be fully understood without this viewpoint. We are looking to speak to people who have accessed the health system in England since October 2020.
4) What is the ask from you?
We would like to speak to you, to hear your voice directly. We will ask you questions to help us understand your point of view, and better inform the evaluation findings. The session will last for around 90 minutes. There is no preparatory work required, but we would ask that you consider in advance what areas are of greatest personal significance to you. We will conduct the session via Microsoft (MS) Teams. You will not need to have a MS Teams account or specific software, but will need access to a PC or laptop and have an internet connection. We will both record and transcribe the session using the inbuilt software within MS Teams so that we can engage in a conversation and ensure that your views are accurately recorded.
We can accept a maximum of 5 people per session which will be held on:
- Wednesday 15th November 16:00-17:30
- Friday 17th November 09:00-10:30
- Tuesday 21st November 12:00-13:30
5) How to get in touch
If you would like to support this evaluation, please contact the evaluation team as below:
Senior Analyst, Unity Insights
07831 78 78 44
- Lipid management in Scotland: Recommendations for action
- Could you or a young person you know help shape FH (familial hypercholesterolaemia) care for the future?
- HEART UK Shortlisted for Top Award - Best Not-for-Profit Working in Partnership
- Loch Duart renews partnership with HEART UK to promote a healthy lifestyle and diet
- Closing the Cholesterol Gap
- HEART UK ‘Cardiovascular Health’ with Media Planet
- AAC publishes updated clinical pathway for lipid management
- November Cereal Competition Winners
- Eat These Five Foods to Lower Cholesterol
- Team Loch Duart is taking part in the 'Great Cholesterol Challenge' for National Cholesterol Month