Familial Hypercholesterolaemia Gene Testing One-Day Online Workshop - Dates for 2023
Familial Hypercholesterolaemia Gene Testing
One-Day Online Workshop - Dates for 2023
The workshop is designed to support healthcare professionals (primary and secondary care) in developing their knowledge and skills in the care and management of patients and families with FH.
Target attendees - any healthcare professional (including Pharmacy and Nursing) working within Primary or Secondary Care providing care to patients and families with FH: including Endocrinology, Lipidology, and Cardiology.
Introduction and Background - Familial Hypercholesterolaemia (FH) is an inherited condition which predisposes to extremely high cholesterol levels and premature cardiovascular disease. It is currently underdiagnosed, with only 10-15% of those affected believed to have been identified. Aggressive lipid-lowering treatment is crucial to improve cardiovascular outcomes, alongside ensuring that relevant family members are offered testing for the condition.
The following short videos produced by Heart UK provide a brief introduction:
Education and Training Opportunities - as part of the Genomic Medicine Service FH Transformation Project, the Education and Training Project Team have collaborated with Northumbria University to develop a one-day, online interactive workshop. This workshop has been developed by and is delivered by Deborah Leetham, University of Northumbria and Mel Watson, Consultant Genetic Counsellor & Lead for Wessex FH Service.
Following a successful pilot - now offering these workshops free of charge.
Upcoming training dates: 7th March 2023, 18th April 2023, 23rd May 2023 and 11th July 2023.
If you would like to register or require further information, please contact email@example.com
- Saving the PASS system for the sake of England’s FH Services, for current and future generations
- The national Child Parent Screening Service (CPSS) pilot has been extended until October 2024
- Alternative cascade-testing protocols for identifying and managing patients with familial hypercholesterolaemia: systematic reviews, qualitative study and cost-effectiveness analysis
- how the NHS is working to deliver improved lipid management
- HEART UK 36th Annual Medical and Scientific Conference 2023 LIPIDS – THE BEST YET - CONFERENCE REVIEW
- Our new Lipidology Podcast
- Recently formed Lipoprotein(a) Taskforce publishes Call to Action to increase recognition and acceptance of Lp(a) as an ASCVD risk factor
- Lipoprotein (a) disorder gets SNOMED codes
- Would you like to update your knowledge of lipid management and have the opportunity to liaise with others working in this area?
- New SNOMED Codes for FH DNA test results!