New SNOMED Codes for FH DNA test results!
HEART UK are pleased to tell you that, after about a year of working through the process, the SNOMED codes for FH genetic testing procedures and test results have been finally approved. They should be available to GPs in the next few weeks, and they will be very helpful for the accurate audit of the FH-patient care pathway by CVD Prevent. (www.nhsbenchmarking.nhs.uk ). However, we need your help!
To help GPs select the correct code, we are asking all lipid clinics to include the correct findings code in the letter they return to the referring GP. Please note the two new codes for a finding of “Genetic variant causing familial hypercholesterolaemia not detected” and “Genetic variant of uncertain significance detected”. These are especially important as we need to be able to get National data on the number of negative tests and VUS found from the number of likely FH patients the GPs are referring to lipid clinics.
It would also be best practice if all Lipid clinics could include a copy of the genetic test report they receive for the Diagnostic Laboratories, which the GPs could include in the patient file.
Big thanks !
Peter Green and Steve Humphries (UCL)
- Saving the PASS system for the sake of England’s FH Services, for current and future generations
- The national Child Parent Screening Service (CPSS) pilot has been extended until October 2024
- Alternative cascade-testing protocols for identifying and managing patients with familial hypercholesterolaemia: systematic reviews, qualitative study and cost-effectiveness analysis
- how the NHS is working to deliver improved lipid management
- HEART UK 36th Annual Medical and Scientific Conference 2023 LIPIDS – THE BEST YET - CONFERENCE REVIEW
- Our new Lipidology Podcast
- Recently formed Lipoprotein(a) Taskforce publishes Call to Action to increase recognition and acceptance of Lp(a) as an ASCVD risk factor
- Lipoprotein (a) disorder gets SNOMED codes
- Would you like to update your knowledge of lipid management and have the opportunity to liaise with others working in this area?
- Familial Hypercholesterolaemia Gene Testing One-Day Online Workshop - Dates for 2023