SHARP Annual Scientific Meeting 2018: Save the Date
Staying SHARP for 30 years
Save the Date: November 22nd - 23rd 2018
Venue: Crieff Hydro Hotel, Crieff, Perthshire
SHARP has been working to prevent vascular disease in Scotland for the last 30 years. Please join us at Crieff Hydro Hotel on Thursday 22nd and Friday 23rd November 2018 for our 30th Anniversary meeting. The meeting will review our past success in preventing vascular disease, what we are doing at present and the challenges for the future.
Delegates to the SHARP meeting are invited to join the Scottish Lipid Forum at their annual meeting on the Thursday morning. After lunch the SHARP meeting will commence with a keynote speaker followed by the sponsored symposium on the ‘Use of Thrombotic Drugs’. The Founder’s dinner on the Thursday evening promises to be a truly memorable occasion.
The Scientific programme which continues on the Friday will address the needs of patients with heart disease and stroke, the affordability of new drugs as well as the specific problems of practising in Scotland. Interactive workshops will look at the work of TIA, heart failure, vascular disease and hypertension clinics as well as screening for cardiomyopathy.
After the presentation of the SHARP prizes the meeting will conclude with the Keynote Lecture on ‘30 SHARP Years’ delivered by Professor Sir Lewis Ritchie , one of the founding members.
Please register your interest via the SHARP website: www.sharpscotland.org.uk
- Ketogenic Diet and Lipids
- Low Carbohydrate diets, Weight management, Type 2 diabetes and Dyslipidaemia
- Non-HDL cholesterol should not generally replace LDL cholesterol in the management of hyperlipidaemia
- Enablers and barriers to treatment adherence in heterozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia: a qualitative evidence synthesis
- Diagnosis, management and prognosis of familial hypercholesterolaemia in a UK tertiary cardiac centre
- Volanesorsen and Triglyceride Levels in Familial Chylomicronemia Syndrome
- Does diet quality or nutrient quantity contribute more to health?
- Pharmacological lipid-modification therapies for prevention of ischaemic heart disease: current and future options
- Current management of children and young people with heterozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia - HEART UK statement of care
- Identifying FH Using a Blood Donor Screening Program With More Than 1 Million Volunteer Donors