Opportunity to join the NICE CG181 guideline committee
Dear NICE stakeholder,
NICE are currently recruiting healthcare professionals for a NICE guideline committee to develop guidance in the area of cardiovascular disease prevention. The committee will:
- update the guideline on Cardiovascular disease: risk assessment and reduction, including lipid modification (CG181)
- possibly be asked to develop recommendations in other overlapping areas.
View the advert for full member and co-opted expert positions on the NICE website, including details on how to apply.
We are seeking:
Full committee member
- Physician with an interest in lipids
- Public health specialist/epidemiologist/statistician with expertise in cardiovascular risk assessment.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 8 February 2022, at 5pm.
Interviews are scheduled to take place via video conference on 21 February 2022 in the morning.
- Saving the PASS system for the sake of England’s FH Services, for current and future generations
- The national Child Parent Screening Service (CPSS) pilot has been extended until October 2024
- Alternative cascade-testing protocols for identifying and managing patients with familial hypercholesterolaemia: systematic reviews, qualitative study and cost-effectiveness analysis
- how the NHS is working to deliver improved lipid management
- HEART UK 36th Annual Medical and Scientific Conference 2023 LIPIDS – THE BEST YET - CONFERENCE REVIEW
- Our new Lipidology Podcast
- Recently formed Lipoprotein(a) Taskforce publishes Call to Action to increase recognition and acceptance of Lp(a) as an ASCVD risk factor
- Lipoprotein (a) disorder gets SNOMED codes
- Would you like to update your knowledge of lipid management and have the opportunity to liaise with others working in this area?
- Familial Hypercholesterolaemia Gene Testing One-Day Online Workshop - Dates for 2023