HEART UK partners with Loch Duart
Loch Duart is a small independent farm who have been gently nurturing their Scottish salmon in the crystal-clear waters off the northwest coast of Scotland for over 20 years. Their aim is to produce the best quality salmon with the lowest impact on the environment.
By entering the partnership with HEART UK, Loch Duart aims to raise awareness of the benefits of eating their salmon as part of a balanced diet which can help contribute to the normal function of the heart.
Adam Gray, Marketing and Communications manager at Loch Duart, said:
“We are proud to announce our partnership with HEART UK, the country’s leading charity working to prevent early disease and deaths from cholesterol. It is a perfect collaboration for Loch Duart, and we’re committed to participating in and supporting a range of HEART UK’s charity challenges and supporting their vital work. Some of the Loch Duart team have already signed up to their events.
“As well as partnering on a variety of HEART UK events, we have curated some simple, healthy and tasty Loch Duart salmon recipes which we’ll be sharing over the coming months. We support the HEART UK message that people can take action to improve their health and lower their cholesterol, by adopting an active lifestyle, combined with a healthy diet. Our strategy on feeding our salmon with higher levels of marine content delivers industry-leading levels of omega-3. We believe that we are pulling in the same direction as HEART UK by producing salmon rich in omega-3 and promoting healthy lifestyle choices”.
Lynne Garton, Dietetic Advisor at HEART UK, said:
“There has been lots of research into omega-3 fats and oily fish, such as Loch Duart salmon, and how they can improve heart health. Omega-3 fats are a group of unsaturated fats that we need to stay healthy – especially for heart health. Eating foods high in omega-3’s could help to prevent heart attacks and strokes and we are absolutely delighted to partner with Loch Duart to help prevent heart disease across the UK by promoting a healthier, balanced diet.”
Read more about the benefits of eating oily fish.
* Loch Duart salmon is high in omega-3 fats (EPA and DHA). EPA and DHA contribute to the normal function of the heart.
- New child screening service to identify youngsters at risk of early heart disease
- Jules Payne, CEO, talks about how HEART UK will shape the future for people with high cholesterol
- Wishing you a Heart-healthy Ramadan!
- Having FH should not stop you joining the armed forces- thanks to the work of HEART UK
- How to have a heart healthy Veganuary and enter a free prize draw
- FH is a global health problem- FH Awareness Day 24th September
- Dr Pete Green is the new Chair of HEART UK
- UK NATIONAL SCREENING COMMITTEE REJECTS CALLS FOR UNIVERSAL CHILDHOOD SCREENING FOR INHERITIED HIGH CHOLESTEROL
- Emergency heart attack and stroke centres are still here for you- Jules Payne interviews Dr Ricardo Petraco
- Emergency heart attack and stroke centres are still here for you- Guest blog by Dr Ricardo Petraco