The role of Lp(a) and oxPLs in atherosclerosis
We are delighted to welcome Prof Sotirios (Sam) TSIMIKAS to the HEART UK conference on 7 July to present current and future therapeutic agents and interventions targeting Lp(a) and oxPLs.
Dr. Tsimikas is Professor of Medicine and the Director of Vascular Medicine at the University of California San Diego School of Medicine. His education and training included obtaining his MD degree from the University of Massachusetts Medical School, Internal Medicine training at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center, and separate fellowships in Cardiovascular Medicine, Atherosclerosis and Molecular Medicine and Interventional Cardiology at the University of California San Diego (UCSD( Medical Center. Dr. Tsimikas is the Founding Director of the Vascular Medicine Program withing the Cardiovascular Medicine Division, which encompasses treating patients in the continuum of high-risk primary prevention to endovascular intervention.
Find out more on our HEART UK conference programme on the HCP pages. The Health Professional area of the website is intended only for healthcare professionals.
This event is intended for healthcare professionals from the UK and receives sponsorship from pharmaceutical companies
- NICE launches review of methods and processes for health technology evaluation
- The Essential Cholesterol Programme for Primary Care
- Add on to take back control. Do we have the solutions to the gaps in our lipid treatment pathway?
- Familial Hypercholesterolaemia: from Epidemiology to Genetics – a paradigm shift?
- Lp(a) measurement bias
- Polygenic hypercholesterolaemia: why do we want to know?
- HEART UK Offers Guidance On The Safe Use Of Lipid Lowering Therapy During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Ketogenic Diet and Lipids
- Low Carbohydrate diets, Weight management, Type 2 diabetes and Dyslipidaemia
- Non-HDL cholesterol should not generally replace LDL cholesterol in the management of hyperlipidaemia