Lp(a) measurement bias
Over and underestimation of Lp(a) due to its different molecular weight isoforms has led to bias in many studies leading to underestimation of its strength as a cardiovascular risk factor.
Dr Michael France is a Chemical Pathologist with a specialist interest in Lipidology and will present at the HEART UK virtual conference on 7 July.
He has worked with HEART UK in producing consensus guidelines for management of homozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia and Lipoprotein (a) testing. He has published widely in the field of Lipidology and Clinical Biochemistry and has a particular interest in the diagnostic utility of laboratory tests.
- The Essential Cholesterol Programme for Primary Care
- Add on to take back control. Do we have the solutions to the gaps in our lipid treatment pathway?
- Familial Hypercholesterolaemia: from Epidemiology to Genetics – a paradigm shift?
- The role of Lp(a) and oxPLs in atherosclerosis
- Polygenic hypercholesterolaemia: why do we want to know?
- HEART UK Offers Guidance On The Safe Use Of Lipid Lowering Therapy During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Ketogenic Diet and Lipids
- Low Carbohydrate diets, Weight management, Type 2 diabetes and Dyslipidaemia
- Non-HDL cholesterol should not generally replace LDL cholesterol in the management of hyperlipidaemia
- Enablers and barriers to treatment adherence in heterozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia: a qualitative evidence synthesis