HEART UK to be part of World's first 100,000 person marathon
- 50,000 runners to take on world’s biggest virtual marathon on Sunday 3 October
- 50,000 runners to tackle the traditional London Marathon route on the same day
With the results of the 2021 Virgin Money London Marathon Ballot announced recently, HEART UK has a number of charity places for anyone who wants to raise crucial funds while making history as part of the world’s first 100,000-person marathon.
Following the announcement that London Marathon Events plans to stage the world’s first 100,000-person on Sunday 3 October, HEART UK is inviting its supporters across the UK – and the world – to be a part of it by running to raise funds in its name.
On Sunday 3 October 50,000 participants will take on the traditional course from London’s Blackheath to The Mall – an increase of more than 7,000 on the previous finisher record – while another 50,000 people around the globe run the 26.2 miles on the course of their choice, any time from 00:00:00 to 23:59:59 BST, in a virtual event.
The physical and mental health benefits of being active have been brought sharply into focus during the pandemic, and this biggest-ever London Marathon offers more people than ever before the chance to experience these benefits while raising much-needed funds for charity.
HEART UK has a limited number places available in both the central London and virtual events and is encouraging anyone who was unsuccessful in the ballot to contact them for a chance of taking part.
Hugh Brasher, Event Director of London Marathon Events, said: “With the national vaccination programme underway, we are delighted to announce our exciting plans for the world’s first 100,000-person marathon. The London Marathon is the most popular marathon on the planet, with a world record 457,861 people applying in the ballot for a place in the 2020 event, and the incredible success of the 2020 virtual event shows the huge appetite to be part of the world’s greatest marathon.”
Jules Payne, Chief Executive at HEART UK said: “We are delighted to be involved in the London Marathon again this year. Being active is a major part of looking after your cholesterol levels, keeping your heart healthy and preventing heart disease. I love London Marathon day, it inspires the mind and the body, it is such a positive day, whether running, supporting or spectating the camaraderie, togetherness and good that is done is absolutely electric and it helps us continue our vital work”.
If you are interested in running for HEART UK, please get in touch with our fundraising team and send us an email at email@example.com
- HEART UK supporters invited to celebrate Captain Sir Tom's achievements in special fundraising event
- A Big Thank You...
- HEART UK takes part in the Big Give Christmas Challenge
- Congratulations to all our V40 Runners!
- HEART UK to be part of the first ever virtual Virgin Money London marathon!
- Why a life changing event made me write a Will
- The first ever virtual edition of Prudential RideLondon takes place this August
- Over £1,000 raised through Easyfundraising!
- Help us win a donation from My Favourite Voucher Codes
- Thank you to our "Big Half" Runners