Enjoy a handful of tasty California Walnuts over National Cholesterol Month
It is important to take steps to lower high cholesterol where possible, especially when it comes to diet. So, for National Cholesterol Month, California Walnuts are sharing the heart health benefits of this unique nut and how a handful a day could benefit your health.
California Walnuts have the HEART UK heart-healthy seal of approval and are the only tree nut to contain significant amounts of the plant-based essential omega-3 ALA (2.7g/30g), that bodies need but can only get from food.
Omega 3 ALA contributes to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels and research has also shown it can have a beneficial role in the prevention of heart disease and stroke.
In addition, EFSA has approved the health claim that a handful of walnuts a day* (30g) can have a positive effect on the elasticity of the blood vessels - helping to keep the cardiovascular system healthy.
So, this National Cholesterol Month, why not enjoy a handful of tasty California Walnuts as a snack or in a simple recipe.
For further details and recipe ideas please visit www.californiawalnuts.co.uk
- October is National Cholesterol Month
- Why not take on The Great Cholesterol Challenge this October?
- HEART UK and Anytime Fitness produce exercise workouts for National Cholesterol Month
- Try our delicious and heart healthier Teatime Treat recipes
- Let us know what you're doing for National Cholesterol Month
- Virtual cookery demos set to get you loving heart-healthy foods with Alpro