Emergency heart attack and stroke centres are still here for you- Jules Payne interviews Dr Ricardo Petraco
People with high cholesterol, diabetes and those with a previous history of heart conditions, in particular, are at a higher risk of having a heart attack or stroke and should immediately call 999 if they think they are having one. Acute cardiology and stroke units are still open and functional, and we are just as ready to treat every patient as we were before the pandemic started.
Watch this video with Dr Ricardo Petraco, Consultant Cardiologist, Imperial College NHS Trust London
- NHS approves ground-breaking cholesterol-lowering medicine
- New child screening service to identify youngsters at risk of early heart disease
- HEART UK partners with Loch Duart
- Jules Payne, CEO, talks about how HEART UK will shape the future for people with high cholesterol
- Wishing you a Heart-healthy Ramadan!
- Having FH should not stop you joining the armed forces- thanks to the work of HEART UK
- How to have a heart healthy Veganuary and enter a free prize draw
- FH is a global health problem- FH Awareness Day 24th September
- HEART UK and Anytime Fitness produce exercise workouts for National Cholesterol Month
- Dr Pete Green is the new Chair of HEART UK