HEART UK responds to Dept of Health announcement on new cholesterol drug
The cholesterol charity HEART UK responds to the Department of Health and Social Care announcement that a new cholesterol drug, inclisiran, could be made available for NHS patients through a ground-breaking collaboration.
Jules Payne, Chief Executive of the cholesterol charity HEART UK, said: “Cholesterol is a leading cause of heart disease, so effective treatments save lives.
“While we know beyond doubt that statins are incredibly effective at treating people with high cholesterol, there is a desperate need for new and innovative drugs if we are to tackle cardiovascular disease, a condition which kills hundreds of thousands of people in this country every year.
“The potential for this breakthrough new drug is incredibly exciting but we need to ensure all those eligible for it, once fully approved, will get access to it.”
For more information and interviews, please contact the HEART UK media team on 07736 469509 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- FH is a global health problem- FH Awareness Day 24th September
- Dr Pete Green is the new Chair of HEART UK
- UK NATIONAL SCREENING COMMITTEE REJECTS CALLS FOR UNIVERSAL CHILDHOOD SCREENING FOR INHERITIED HIGH CHOLESTEROL
- Emergency heart attack and stroke centres are still here for you- Jules Payne interviews Dr Ricardo Petraco
- Emergency heart attack and stroke centres are still here for you- Guest blog by Dr Ricardo Petraco
- A new cholesterol busting drug hits the headlines
- Volunteer for HEART UK...
- Is there such a thing as Healthy Diwali?
- National Cholesterol Month
- Child screening for cholesterol to find FH
- We are recruiting a voluntary chair position to join our Board of Trustees
- HEART UK latest radio advert
- Gene associated with bad cholesterol linked to early-onset Alzheimer’s disease
- What the London Marathon means to me
- Get cooking with the kids over Easter…
- Eggs and Cardiovascular Disease – What’s the Story?
- Lynne Garton joins HEART UK fight against heart disease and high cholesterol
- Daily Mail exposes "crackpot conspiracy theories" of the statin deniers
- Why we do what we do
- Is it as simple as ABC?
- Medical Misinformation: Vet the Message!
- We are recruiting!
- High cholesterol: Six ‘super foods’ to lower cholesterol and reduce heart attack risk- HEART UK featured in The Express
- Eating fried food and the link to heart disease- BMJ study
- One serving of fried chicken a day linked to 13% higher risk of death, reports CNN
- The NHS Long Term Plan
- Heart attack - the BEST exercise to prevent deadly symptoms revealed. HEART UK in The Express
- Four foods to help lower your cholesterol, reduce heart disease risks- HEART UK in The Sun
- Specialised Services Commissioning Policies published
- Cholesterol warning - just a handful of this ‘superfood’ could prevent high cholesterol - HEART UK in the Daily Express
- Thousands of heart attacks and deaths could be prevented by patients taking higher doses of statins
- Photos from the FCS Day of Action
- FCS Day of Action 5th December 2018
- Photographs from the Parliamentary launch of HEART UK's State of the Nation report 24th Oct 2018
- State of the Nation report launch
- HEART UK Conference
- HEART UK says BBC coconut oil claim not to be trusted
- Set up a Patient Support Group Meeting in your local community
- Saving Scottish Hearts for Valentine’s Day
- Why it's your heart that matters this Valentine's Day