National Cholesterol Month
This year you can help to make National Cholesterol Month 2019 our biggest ever campaign. We want to reach more people than ever before and raise as much money as possible to help the fight against high cholesterol.
The Great Cholesterol Climb is our flagship fundraising initiative this year and anyone can join in. Now’s your chance to have fun and get fit whilst raising money to support the national fight against high cholesterol and FH – the inherited form of high cholesterol. We are challenging you, your family, friends or work colleagues to take on our virtual challenge and climb a whopping 13,177 steps UP which is the equivalent of climbing ten of Britain’s tallest buildings! The fundraising target is £150 for each participant and we’ll be here to provide you with resources, fundraising ideas and moral support to help you reach that target with ease. Sign up here
You can also join in by holding your own fundraising events or simply by sharing our campaign messages on social media. In the past our supporters have walked, run, baked and taken on horse riding challenges as part of National Cholesterol Month. Whatever your idea and however you choose to support us, we’d love to hear from you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is there such a thing as Healthy Diwali?
- Child screening for cholesterol to find FH
- We are recruiting a voluntary chair position to join our Board of Trustees
- HEART UK latest radio advert
- Gene associated with bad cholesterol linked to early-onset Alzheimer’s disease
- What the London Marathon means to me
- Get cooking with the kids over Easter…
- Eggs and Cardiovascular Disease – What’s the Story?
- Lynne Garton joins HEART UK fight against heart disease and high cholesterol
- Daily Mail exposes "crackpot conspiracy theories" of the statin deniers
- Why we do what we do
- Is it as simple as ABC?
- Medical Misinformation: Vet the Message!
- We are recruiting!
- High cholesterol: Six ‘super foods’ to lower cholesterol and reduce heart attack risk- HEART UK featured in The Express
- Eating fried food and the link to heart disease- BMJ study
- One serving of fried chicken a day linked to 13% higher risk of death, reports CNN
- The NHS Long Term Plan
- Heart attack - the BEST exercise to prevent deadly symptoms revealed. HEART UK in The Express
- Four foods to help lower your cholesterol, reduce heart disease risks- HEART UK in The Sun
- Specialised Services Commissioning Policies published
- Cholesterol warning - just a handful of this ‘superfood’ could prevent high cholesterol - HEART UK in the Daily Express
- Thousands of heart attacks and deaths could be prevented by patients taking higher doses of statins
- Photos from the FCS Day of Action
- FCS Day of Action 5th December 2018
- Photographs from the Parliamentary launch of HEART UK's State of the Nation report 24th Oct 2018
- State of the Nation report launch
- HEART UK Conference
- HEART UK says BBC coconut oil claim not to be trusted
- Set up a Patient Support Group Meeting in your local community
- Saving Scottish Hearts for Valentine’s Day
- Why it's your heart that matters this Valentine's Day