Abstracts of Free Communications
Abstract submissions are invited by healthcare professionals on any topic relating to cholesterol and related conditions (for example, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, atherosclerosis)
Submission need not be related specifically to the conference topic.
Deadline for abstract submissions: CLOSED
Abstract authors will be notified of abstract selection: emailed 1 April 2019
Presented oral and poster abstracts at the conference will be published by Elsevier post conference ONLINE ONLY in Atherosclerosis Supplements.
A parallel oral abstract session will take place on Thursday 4 July:
Medical & Scientific programme (11:30-12:45 hours)
Primary & Health Care programme (11:30-12:45 hours)
Authors have 10 minutes plus 5 minutes for questions allotted to them for their presentation.
The session chairperson will stick rigidly to this timing template!
Presenters who overrun will be asked by the chairperson to cease their presentation.
There will be an attended poster session on Thursday 4 July from 08:00-09:00 hours.
Whilst authors must be on hand to discuss their work with the judging panel during this time the posters will be available for delegates to view throughout the conference period.
Presenting authors must be ready with 3-4 bullet points explaining their poster which will be followed by 2 minutes discussion with the judges.
Poster Board Size:
2m (top to bottom) x 1m (left to right) – PORTRAIT - (100cm Wide x 200cm Deep)
Your poster should be printed to A0 size (841mm x 1189 mm).
1. Your poster is printed to portrait and NOT landscape size.
2. That your poster is printed to A0 size (841mm x 1189 mm).
Velcro will be provided for your use. NO pins, blue-tak or cellotape can be used as these will damage the panels and you will be charged for any damage incurred.
Set up and removal:
You may erect your poster on Wednesday 3 July from 09:00 hours for informal viewing.
Please refer to the allocated poster number detailed within the programme book which will be handed to all attendees.
Your poster must be removed by 12:00 hours on Friday 5 July.
Any posters remaining after this time will not be returned to the authors but destroyed.
(Please read carefully before submitting your abstract)
- The abstract must not have been published before either at a HEART UK conference or elsewhere.
- By submitting your abstract, you or an associate author are obliged to make yourself available to present the abstract either orally or in poster form depending on the outcome of the blind marking.
- Abstracts should be clear and concise.
- It is the authors responsibility to ensure that correct grammar is used and that the abstract is checked for grammatical or other errors prior to submission.
- After completing the contact information requested below, submit your abstract by attaching it as a word version as per the instructions below.
- Please submit abstracts in a consistent format. The ideal format is shown as an example below.
- Klein*1,2, F.H.R. de Groot1, T. Noteboom-Appel3, X. Smeets2,5
1Department of …, University of …, City, Country
2Department of …, University of …, City, Country
3Department of …, University of …, City, Country
4Department of …, University of …, City, Country
5Department of …, University of …, City, Country
Background: Only use boldface for headings, and use headings if applicable only; preferably do not require a standard set of headings for every abstract as this often leads to artificial structuring.
Material and Methods: If the heading comprises multiple entities, use a starting capital for each entity.
Preliminary results: As this heading refers to only 1 entity, the second word has no capital. If a table is included, refer to it using “Table”, (e.g. Table 1).
- The word version must fit within a box 10.5cm wide x 14cm deep to include title and authors.
- Text size should be in 10 point only and justified to the left and right.
- The typeface used should be Times or similar. Black text only. Abstracts should include in the following order:
- ABSTRACT TITLE - in Sentence case and NO MORE than 250 characters.
- AUTHOR(S) - with brief affiliations and NO MORE than four lines. (Surname followed by initials, each author name separated by a comma)
- PRESENTING AUTHOR - indicate this in the authors listing with an * besides your name.
- If authors have different affiliations they can be indicated by superscript numbers or letters. Please ensure that a full list of authors and affiliations are included.
- ABSTRACT TEXT - The length of an abstract body should not exceed more than 2500 characters excluding spaces. Ensure the abstract includes an introduction, methods, results and conclusions/implications.
- A maximum of one table per abstract can be included, inserted into the abstract as a jpg file and included in the 2500 characters.
- IMAGES should be submitted as jpg files within the abstract and be legible.
- Only submissions completed prior to the published deadline will be considered.
- IMPORTANT: Complete all the section detailed on the abstract template form.